Rosebud's Friends

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Summer Guacamole



Bill says the guacamole in this photo looks slimy.. which it does.. but this recipe is too good to leave off my blog. So here we go:

I have been holding on to summer with all my might - even though its almost Halloween. This appetizer is an amazing treat summer, fall, winter, or spring - but it is the BEST in the summer served with Coronas.

Guacamole:

2 ripe avocados (you can detect whether an avocado is ripe by a) its dark colour and b) by pressing its "stem nub" (this is a technical term) and if it depresses inwards - you are ripe!!)
1/2 of a shallot (chopped very finely)
1 clove of garlic (smashed)
1/2 fresh lemon or lime juice (squeezed)
1 tsp salt
1/2 jalapeno - just the exterior shell - no seeds!
1 tomato - just the exterior shell - no seeds or juice - chopped finely
1 tbsp olive oil

Mix all these ingredients together and enjoy with gluten free chips or tortilla chips!!

PS. You can also add some fresh ground black pepper and top with a lemon/lime wedge.

** My cousin Darin uses red onion in his guacamole - I think this is a great idea! I HATE onions so I use shallots (onions for weaklings) **

No comments:

Post a Comment