Rosebud's Friends

Monday, October 18, 2010

Strawberry Summer Salad



This recipe is courtesy of my Aunt Alison - she is a fantastic cook. I used to stay at her house when I was little, competing in gymnastics competitions, and she would make the most satisfying meals. I remember wishing that the medal ceremonies would end already, so I could get back to her house for dinner.


This is a slight adaptation on her poppy seed, strawberry salad! Delicious.

Dressing:

1/2 clove of garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp champagne vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp poppy seeds

1) Mash pressed garlic and salt together with a fork or whisk
2) Add honey, vinegar and mayo
3) Whisk in oil until emulsified
4) Add poppy seeds

Salad:

I used mixed greens, fresh strawberries, goats cheese, walnuts and avocado. Then I pan fried a chicken breast and threw it on top!

This salad is phenomenal with dried blueberries/cherries/cranberries too!



No comments:

Post a Comment