Rosebud's Friends

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Organic Foods

Recently I have been reading a bit about organic produce and meat. I found this article and thought that I might post it for those of you who are interested. There have been thousands of studies conducted on various topics surrounding organic foods including: nutrient value/pesticide levels in organics, health and longevity of organic food consumers, attitudes and behaviours of consumers, etc. This article reviews and summarizes the findings of these studies.

I feel very privileged to have access to all of my wonderful and fresh cooking ingredients - both organic and conventional. Organic food is very expensive and inaccessible to many Canadians, so when contemplating this type of debate I feel very thankful that I never go to bed hungry or worry about the expense of the food that I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment