Rosebud's Friends

Monday, February 16, 2015

Ella's Green Monster


Ella is my baby girl. She entered this world last December on a very snowy winter day. For over a year my little nugget has been filling up a little space in me that I didn't know existed until she arrived.  She is a beautiful little girl with porcelain skin and deep, twinkly eyes. She marches around the house organizing things and exploring every nook and cranny hoping to uncover a secret treasure. She is the spunkiest little delight. She is very sweet, but you do not want to mess with her.

Today she is fourteen months old and so I thought it was about time that Rosebud's kitchen gave her a little shout out. So far she is a very good eater which I am grateful for and honestly there are few things that bring me as much pleasure as watching her chow down on seafood pasta, cod tacos or steak. That being said it is sometimes hard to get tons of vegetables into her. That is where the green monster comes in -- she absolutely LOVES green smoothies. Her little hands clasp onto the cup with maximum force and there is typically a fairly significant protest when all of the contents have been consumed. I make tons of different varieties of these smoothies, and there is no magic formula, but this recent very green addition is a winner. As noted in a previous post, I use the Vitamix, but any high powered blender would work.

1 cup of spinach (Recently, I have also been purchasing the "Power Blend" with spinach, kale and chard - it is incredible!)
2 stalks of celery
1/2 an apple
1 pear
Juice from 1 lime
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup water (you could use fresh pressed apple juice here if you wanted a little extra sweetness)
1/2 cup ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment