Rosebud's Friends

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes





I love birthdays! Its my little friend Rowan's 1st birthday party today and so I thought that some little boy cupcakes were in order.

These cupcakes were inspired by a google search and so I cannot take credit for the cookie monster idea.. but they are pretty cute, so I thought I would share them with you.

I used the Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe from an earlier post, two original Mentos (my favorite childhood candy) and Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies.

All I did was add some blue food colouring to the frosting and piped it onto the cupcakes, then drew eyes onto the Mentos with a black pen (i figure a little pen ink never hurt anyone - I'm really hoping this is true), and cut the Chips Ahoy! cookies into 1/3's using the two round end bits and eating the middle!

Its so easy!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so doing this for monday, for my son's 3rd birthday! Thanks for the awesome idea! He's excited about it, and so am I!

    ReplyDelete